Monday, June 8, 2020

Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson




Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson


         If I had started this book on a Friday and had a full free weekend ahead of me I would have finished this in a day. This book is now one of my favorite books because just when I thought I had it all figured out, it changed and then again and again. Less and less predictable with every page, this paranormal mystery is epic.

 

         Mila Flores and her best friend Riley are living in the small town of Cross Creek and they are just like every other teenage duo. Except, they’re witches. Do I not have your attention yet? What if I introduce not one, but three suspicious deaths? How about the fact that Riley is now one of those deaths? When the grief-stricken Mila refuses to believe that her friend’s death was a suicide, she brings Riley back to life with an ancient grimoire to uncover the murderer and help bring justice to their town. But you’ll never see this ending coming.

 

         Hilarious and inspiring this book had me crying in public and gasping out loud. *Cue my coworkers reminding me that we are in a library.* While reading this, Anderson voiced my concern when her character said, “Oh, great. Another clique I’m not cool enough to join. Possibly literally.”

 

         You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll shove it in all your friends’ faces and force them to read it. Undead Girl Gang is simply bewitching. Of course, “You wouldn’t understand. It’s a dead girl thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror Hotel, by Victoria Fulton & Faith McClaren

  Savvy's Reviews Not sure you want to dig into that new book? Let Savvy do the hard work for you! Here's her latest review!     Hor...