Monday, July 13, 2020

Teen Titans: Raven, by Kami Garcia

Savvy's Reviews

Not sure you want to dig into that new book? Let Savvy do the hard work for you! Here's her latest review!

Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia

 

 

undefined

I love graphic novels as much as the next gal, but I always feel like I’m missing huge chunks of the story or plot. Sometimes I feel like important information is cut or shaved down for the sake of fitting it all into the panels. The artwork almost always makes up for it but I’m always left with a feeling of confusion about the storyline or that I missed out on something greater.

Raven, however, left me with nothing but an intense addiction and a craving for more. Luckily I won’t have to wait too long because Teen Titans: Beast Boy is coming out September 8. I’ve always been a smaller fan of Teen Titans but never watched them religiously growing up. To be able to pick up this origin story only solidified my love for Raven and the similarities we share. And I don’t just mean the hair. After all her hair is purple and mine is blue.

We begin our story with the horrific accident that claims the life of Raven Roth’s foster mom, as well as Raven’s memory of her life leading up to the accident. She is then sent to New Orleans to live with her foster mother’s family and finish her senior year of high school. Of course, strange things begin happening all around Raven that she can’t explain. In order to figure out what’s going on inside her own head, Raven must decide to face her past and find out who, or what, she really is. Raven is captivating and leaves no stone unturned. I have to say this might be one of the best graphic novels of the summer.

 

 

 

Savvy B. is an avid Young Adult fiction superfan. 
Savvy's Reviews will be archived here, so you can catch up on all her thoughts on her latest reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror Hotel, by Victoria Fulton & Faith McClaren

  Savvy's Reviews Not sure you want to dig into that new book? Let Savvy do the hard work for you! Here's her latest review!     Hor...